Going for a visit or just for a walk with your little bundle of joy? A good solid and comfortable diaper bag that will be there for you for years, making you prepared for any surprise your baby holds for you, is a must.
In Peekaboo Baby, we take a very attentive and flexible approach to parenthood – we understand what things to address when offering our products. And diaper bags are no exception. With our extensive range of diaper bags, you can be sure you will find the perfect one for you.
We have diaper bags in different sizes, colours, styles, and shapes: anything from big bright backpacks to smaller neutral-toned bags and anything in-between. We have multi-compartment bags with a lot of easily accessible pockets, inner zipped pockets for keeping things like phones or keys safe, insulated pockets to keep bottles warm for up to 4 hours. Our diaper bags are also conveniently waterproof, and some options offer changing mats that come with the bag.
We have you covered for any situation: be it an accident of spilling juice all over the bag, having to store warm drinks in bottles for several hours, or needing to contain dirty napkins without them coming in contact with other things inside the bag. Keep your essentials organized and beside you at all times, and enjoy the quality time with your baby!
Place your order online and get free shipping for orders over 129$ or visit our offline stores in one of the major Australian cities and enjoy an in-person experience. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us, and our team of professionals will always be happy to help you!
What is a good diaper bag
A good diaper bag is one that is realistically adjusted to the needs of parents and babies, in whatever form they might come. Ideally, it is a waterproof diaper bag with lots of pockets and extra space that can be used for containing any kind of essentials – be it dirty diapers to be thrown in a litter bag at home or a phone charger. Pockets need to have different functions and purposes: some of them need to be with a zipper, some of them need to be easily accessible for a parent to grab stuff from it without even looking, some pockets need to have a lot of space, and some need to be smaller. It is also a great addition for a diaper bag to have a changing mat that comes with the bag, as it makes the process of changing diapers and clothes much more comfortable and convenient. So, the main thing for diaper bags is to be as functional as possible.
How to choose the best diaper bag for toddlers and newborn babies?
The best way to go here is to try and come up with the number of essentials you think you need to carry with you to make your walks with your baby comfortable, and then add a few extra things and plan for a few extra pockets in your bag. When it comes to newborns, it is important to remember that you’re packing not only for the baby but for yourself too: don’t forget your bottle of water, don’t only plan for water to make formula. If you’re a breastfeeding mom, you probably need your nipple shield. So it’s not only baby’s essentials, but your essentials too. For the diaper bag, it’s better if you go for a choice that is big and has a lot of pockets in it – the more, the merrier as long as you’re sure you’ll always find your way around them.
When it comes to toddlers, they require a smaller amount of things to be carried around all the time. If you have a car, you can leave some of the things there, for example. So, for toddlers, you have the freedom to choose between larger and smaller bags. The number of pockets also becomes more of a preference rather than pure practicality.
How to organize a diaper bag?
It really is up to your convenience because the needs of parents and their children differ from household to household. But here are a few general tips that might be helpful to anyone: Keep your priority items easily accessible: this means choosing outer pockets of the bag to store such items. For example, you probably will be better off if you put diaper changing essentials in an outer pocket of your diaper bag rather than if you put them somewhere inside the bag where it will take you time to find them.
- Clean your diaper bag often. Sometimes you may put a lot of things in your diaper bag to take them out and throw away later and forget about it. So in order to free up some space and not be unpleasantly surprised by a pile of dirty napkins in one of the pockets, try to clean up the insides of your diaper bag as often as you can.
- Try to appoint certain pockets for certain things. For example, keep your keys, phone, wallet, etc. in a certain pocket, bottles in some other pocket, changing clothes in another, and try to stick to this order. That way, you will never face a situation where you would go searching for something in all pockets while in a rush.
- Go for sample sizes if possible. Lotions, sanitizers, creams, and other essentials are mostly available in sample sizes, and when you go out, even if for a whole day you rarely need a whole big bottle of these things. Whenever you see that you are running out of a product in sample size, you can always fill the little bottle up from a full-size version of the product – less waste and more on a budget.
What are the best backpack nappy bags Australia 2021?
Here is the list of Top 5 diaper bags according to our experienced customers:
- Babymel Robyn Convertible Nappy Backpack - Tan. This bag can be worn in 4 ways: as a backpack, as a handheld bag, as a cross body, and as a shoulder bag. It’s unisex and comes in a neutral tan colour that goes well with any style. It is big, has a lot of pockets, and has a special Easy-Wipes pocket for your wipes so that you don’t have to undo zips of your bag to get wipes. Perfect for anyone!
- Skip Hop Chelsea Chic Diaper Backpack. It is perfect for both infants and toddlers: it’s very spacious and has a convenient pocket organization. Above that, it’s very stylish and is perfect for fashion-forward moms on the run who want to keep their hands free.
- Babymel George Baby Nappy Backpack - Grey/Black is a very practical bag that can be enjoyed by both parents. It has a lot of space and is lightweight. The pocket organization allows it to store parents’ belongings secured in a zipped back pocket, which frees up a lot of space in the main compartment. It’s also waterproof and has an Easy-Wipes pocket built-in.
- Babymel Robyn Convertible Backpack - Black is a 4-way bag: can be worn as a backpack, as a handheld bag, as a cross body, and as a shoulder bag. It comes in a sleek and classy black colour and is made of faux leather. It has a changing mat that comes with the bag, and the Easy-Wipes pocket for easily accessible wipes.
- Skip Hop Grand Central Diaper Backpack is your cute high-quality diaper bag for everyday use. It is very lightweight and has 8 pockets, 2 of which are insulated bottle pockets – a perfect choice for any parent. Its bright, fun design will, for sure, be adored by everyone, including your child!
Is a diaper bag different from a nappy bag?
No, there actually is no difference between these two except for the word origins. The word “diaper” is used mainly in North America, and the word “nappy” in most of the other English-speaking parts of the world, including the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and many others. These words historically come from different eras: the word “napkin”, which “nappy” originated from, is from the late Middle English period of language formation, and the word “diaper” comes from Old French. Otherwise, there is almost no difference between these two words, at least in modern use, it’s just a matter of geography and dialects. We have two of these words as different categories for the convenience of our customers around the world, as we believe it makes the search easier and more familiar to them. If nappy bags are something you’re more used to, you can always check out an extensive range of them under a more familiar name https://www.peekaboobaby.com.au/nappy-bags/.