Unisex Nappy Bags
Going out with your little one is enjoyable and exciting but can also be a challenge when trying to remember everything you’ll need with you. If you’re planning a trip with your baby, the first thing you’ll be needing is a diaper bag where you can keep all their essential items. Babies require a lot of things and as a parent, you want to be prepared for any situation. Whether you have your little boy or little girl on board, finding a good nappy bag regardless of their gender is a must-have. We have you covered with our selection of durable and versatile unisex nappy bags.
The advantage of picking a unisex baby bag is that it gives optimum convenience to both mums and dads. Though we admit, it’s tempting to go for a pink pastel for our girls or pick a blue one for the boys, unisex nappy bags are perfect for parents to want to share their change bag. They mostly come in neutral colours which suit both parents when they are travelling with their babies.
Depending on the size and type of nappy bag you’re looking for, Peekaboo Baby has a wide selection of the best unisex nappy bags around Australia. They are designed to be durable, versatile and well-made so you can enjoy plenty of use. Available styles include tote bags, shoulder bags, or backpacks. You’ll find designs from leading brands such as Oioi, Babymel and Skip Hop. What we love about Oioi unisex nappy bags is that they offer baby bags finished in premium faux leather, with heaps of space, a change mat, and an insulated bottle holder.
The super practical Babymel brand includes a nappy backpack for baby girls and boys is versatile, lightweight, and with a side pocket for quick access to bottles and baby wipes. The popular Skip Hop brand has a variety of modern design unisex nappy bags mostly in neutral colours and patterns.
A unisex nappy bag, sometimes called a unisex nappy backpack, is a storage bag with multiple pockets and compartments, offering the ultimate organisation needed to take baby's essential items on a trip. We know that parents who love to be organised, pockets are a must-have. Though a normal unisex backpack for school or work can be used as a baby bag, Peekaboo’s collection of nappy bags is specifically designed to offer convenience, organisation and tailored compartments for parents.
Definitely YES! If you’re planning to go for an outing with your newborn or toddler, a unisex nappy bag is always your go-to carry bag. It holds all your baby’s essentials in one place and allows for quick access. For example, a unisex nappy bag has a side pocket to store wipes, bibs or feeding bottles.
What you need to pack depends on a few factors such as how old your child is, where are you going, how long you’ll be out, and how you organise your nappy bag. We’ve got you covered with this handy nappy bag checklist to make things easy.
· Diapers. Pack one diaper for each 2-3 hour period you’ll be away. It’s always worth taking a couple of extras on top of this for any emergencies.
· Wipes. These are essential not only for nappy changes but for sticky hands and dirty surfaces as well.
· Medicine and first aid supplies. It’s always handy to keep a thermometer in your nappy bag in case your baby suddenly develops a high temperature. For mums and dads with toddlers, plasters are a handy addition in the event of any minor bumps and scrapes.
· Nappy rash creams. If babies' bottoms get quite itchy and irritated, specialised creams can help clear up nappy rash. Pick a travel-size nappy cream to save space.
· Changing mat. Most nappy bags have a padded change mat included which is super handy while you’re out and about. A couple of disposable mats are a worthwhile addition to your bag too otherwise.
· Disposable waterproof bags. Whether it is for disposing/containing soiled nappies, these bags are also useful for dirty clothes when baby has an accident while out walking and you need a place to put wet gear.
· Sanitiser. Washing your hands with soap and water is the best thing to do after changing nappies but just in case you can’t wash, grabbing a travel-size sanitiser is a good option.
· Change of clothes. This includes an extra pair of socks, a hat, pants, or extra onesies.
· Nursing cover. For extra privacy when breastfeeding and can be used as a light blanket too.
· Burp cloth. This is essential for your baby’s spit-up or wiping spills.
· Feeding bottles and supplies such as a pre-made formula if you’re using them.
· Factor 50 (minimum) sunblock. This is important for your little one to keep them safe from UV rays.
· Pacifier in a resealable bag to keep it safe and sanitary.
· Travel-size snacks. If your baby is eating baby food, pack some travel-friendly snacks such as crackers or cereal bars. Don't forget water and snacks for yourself too.
· Wallet and phone. Have your phone, wallet, and keys in an easy-to-access pouch or pocket of your diaper bag so you can find them easily.
There are lots of extra items you can add to your baby nappy bag providing you have room. You can take toys if you think they might get grizzly or bored. A stroller toy, board book, or teething toys are bonus things to pack in. If you’re heading to the beach, a swim nappy might be a good addition to the bag too.
A nappy bag can truly make you and your baby's travel needs easier and less daunting. With everything strategically packed and well organised, you’re ready to head out with your little cutie.
Complete your traveling needs and check out a wide range of unisex nappy bags at Peekaboo Baby. In addition to our premium nappy backpack collection, you’ll find everything you need as a new or soon-to-be mum including feeding supplies, pram and stroller accessories, sleep aids and clothing. Enjoy FAST & FREE shipping for orders over $129. Shop online now!