Everyone's favourite childhood classic toy is this Melissa & Doug 100 Wood Block Set. A collection of 100 solid wood blocks painted bright red, blue, yellow, and green. Little kids will have fun stacking, building, and knocking down their creations in countless colourful combinations, while gaining invaluable practice with fine motor skills and dexterity, colour and shape recognition, and pre-math skills. A versatile variety of shapes are included: rectangular prisms, cubes, cylinders, half circles, arches, and two different sizes of rectangular planks and triangles. The smaller size of the blocks keeps things interesting for older children, too -so kids can easily get many years of use out of them.
- 100 wood blocks
- Blocks comes in 4 colours & 9 shapes
- Ideal for building & introducing early match concepts
- High quality and value
- A helpful creative and learning activity
- Size: 34 x 22.7 x 8.8 cm
- Age: 3-8 Years
Discover More Ways to Play
- Help kids to sort the blocks by colour, identifying each out loud.
- Encourage beginning counting skills by helping kids to count how many blocks there are of each colour. Sort by shape and count how many there are of each.
- Ask kids to build something using a single colour. Then, challenge them to build a structure where no blocks of the same colour touch each other.
- Place 4 blocks in front of kids and ask them to describe them to you. Have kids close his their eyes and remove one of the blocks. Ask which is missing! Increase difficulty by starting with more blocks and by removing more than one.
- Challenge kids to build the tallest structure they can! To make it a game, divide the blocks evenly and see who can build the tallest, longest, widest, or most unusual structure.
- Build a structure with kids using as many of the blocks as possible. Ask them to tell a story about it. E.g. if it looks like a house, who lives there? If it's more like a bridge or a road, where does it go and who is traveling on it? Maybe it's a wall - who lives on each side and why might they need it?