Introduce the ABCs with this Melissa & Doug Box of 52 Alphabet Magnets. These magnetic uppercase and lowercase letters make a fun colourful jumble of learning possibilities. With a sturdy, conveniently wooden case, packing up afterwards is easy. Ideal for letter recognition, matching, and stencilling, these classic letters will be a hit with any toddler!
- Set of magnetic wooden letters
- Letters store in a wooden box
- Sturdy wooden construction
- Promotes letter recognition, spelling and creativity
- Size: 20.3 x 14 x 5.1 cm
- Age: 3-6 Years
Discover More Ways to Play
- SING IT! Have kids place the uppercase letters on a magnetic surface as you slowly sing the alphabet song. Once the letters are lined up, sing the song together as you point to the letters. Repeat the activity using the lowercase letters.
- OUT OF ORDER Starting with the magnets in alphabetical order, have kids close their eyes while you switch a few of the letters. Have kids figure out what's out of order and fix the alphabet.
- WORD SCRAMBLE Using uppercase letters, jumble together the letters of a familiar word and challenge kids to unscramble the letters to spell the word. When they have done so, then have kids find the matching lowercase letters to spell the same word.
- PATTERN POWER Create a colour pattern with three magnets. Have kids repeat the colour pattern with other magnets. Have kids sort the letters into uppercase and lowercase or vowels and consonants. Create a pattern using the groups (for instance: vowel, consonant, consonant . . . or, lowercase, uppercase, lowercase . . .) and have kids continue the pattern with other magnets.