Play groceries with this Melissa & Doug Play Time Play Grocery Food Cans Set. Or stock a play kitchen pantry with this collection of lidded cardboard food cans and you'll have all the ingredients for colourful, imaginative grocery-store play. Open and close, fill and stack, sort and match the canned food toys - this set has a pretend-play flavour for every taste!
- Includes 10 cans in a variety of sizes and designs
- Plastic lids easily pop on & off
- Sturdy and colourful cardboard sides
- Size : 33.5 x 12.7 x 6.9 cm
- Age : 3-6 years
More Ways to Play
- Ask the child to identify each food pictured and to describe it. Ask questions to help the child learn the food names and adjectives to go with them: "Are cherries sweet or salty?"
- Ask the child to look at all the cans and group them by size. How many cans are there in each group?
- Divide the cans into three unequal groups, and ask the child to predict which group will make the highest tower. Then ask the child to build the towers to find out if the guess was right.
- Ask the child to sort the cans into groups by type of food. For instance, you could establish one group of fruits and one group of vegetables. Ask the child to identify any leftover cans and talk about their food groups.