or make 4 interest-free payments of $68.99 AUD fortnightly with More info
The Cocoonababy® ergonomic cocoon for newborn babies provides a comforting, reassuring, womb-like space to make the transition to the outside world as smooth as possible. The semi-foetal position and in a slightly curved posture, soothes and reassures baby with a sense of familiarity of the womb. The Cocoonababy® nest includes the Tummy Band that reassures and soothes baby by applying a light pressure on his tummy, without hindering their freedom of movement.
For use from birth (from 2.8 kg) and until the child starts trying to turn over or to adopt a different position (approx. 3-4 months). For use in a cot with the cot base in the lowest position and that the depth above the cot mattress is superior to 50 cm, or on the ground, on a carpet, or in a playpen. Do not use this product in a Moses basket, a rocking cradle, or in a stroller Carrycot.
The Cocoonababy nest includes:
The Cocoonababy® contributes to:
• Improving the quality and length of sleep
• Reducing startle reflex
• Limiting reflux problems
• Minimizing the risk of flat head
• Encouraging all-round development
• Dimensions: 69 x 40 x 19 cm
• Weight: 1kg
• Care: the fitted sheets and tummy band are machine washable
• Product guarantee: 12 months
Colours : Plain White, Sunday Pink
Origins of the Cocoonababy® Nest…
Cocoonababy® Nest was originally developed in Marseilles, France.
By observing the needs of the babies she was treating, Danielle Salducci, started to design and make mattresses which would enable newborns to make movements similar to those made inside their mother’s womb.
The initial stage was to medically research and to determine a posture for the premature baby which could be described as a ‘follow-up womb'. The parameters were based on the vital functions (heart, oxygenation, and respiration), the sleep patterns and the level of the influence of stress on various pathologies. The second stage was the postural research. The ‘follow-up womb’ posture is determined by the support given, the way the baby is held tightly or ‘contained’ and the curled up posture of the child’s body.”
Danielle Salducci and the team soon realised that the benefits reaped by the premature babies would also apply to full-term babies.
When to use the Cocoonababy® Nest?
The Cocoonababy® Nest will accompany your baby during every sleepy moment, at bedtime or naptime, at home or away, by providing the ideal environment for peaceful sleep and optimal physical development.
Using the Cocoonababy® Nest Safely At Home
• Suited for babies weighing 2.8kg and above,
• Can be used up until your child starts attempting to roll or change position in the nest (about 4 months of age),
• Cease using at approximately 4 months of age,
• Can be used in a cot or cradle with sides at least 39cm in height (at least 20cm higher than the nest),
• If used outside of a cot or cradle, it must be placed on the floor and never on a raised surface,
• Always place your baby on its back in the Cocoonababy®
• IMPORTANT – Do not use the Babynomade blanket when your child is in the Cocoonababy® Nest. For safety reasons, babies should not sleep with any coverings on their head or face.