Grobag Insect Shield Baby Sleep Bag - 0.5 Tog
Got an mosquito problem? Going on a holiday overseas to a tropical country?
Grobag has brought an innovation new sleep bag to help protect your child from insects and diseases transmitted by insects, while they sleep with the Insect Shield Sleep Bag. The Gro Company combines their popular baby sleep bag, with fabric technology that protects against insects. Effective, odourless and invisible, this Insect Shield technology is used by the US military to protect their personnel, with years of research behind it.
These baby sleep bags have a neck opening and armholes and are therefore “worn” by the baby to help the baby stay at the right temperature through the night without the problem of traditional blankets and sheets being kicked off or getting tangled up. They become a great part of the bedtime routine, and will help your baby feel familiar, secure and confident and understand when its time for bed, even when away from home
- Only baby sleep bag with effective, in-built insect protection
- Effective and proven protection from insects & insect-borne diseases
- The result of years of research, proven technology
- Odourless, invisible & convenient
- Feels and smells just like your other Grobags
- Protection stays in the fabric, not on babies’ skin
- Long Lasting (lasts through 70 washes)
- Helps protect against insects in areas near to but not covered by the fabric
- Protects against mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, fleas, chiggers, ants & midges
- US Environmental Protection Agency registered
- Perfect for hot weather & warm rooms of 24-27°C
- Available in 0.5 tog warmth rating
- Shoulder double poppers
- Underarm poppers on 0-6 month size
- Side zip on all sizes
- 100% woven cotton
- Zip-click® feature on all sizes
- Machine washable and can be tumble dried on low heat
- Includes FREE Nursery Thermometer in 0-6 and 6-18 month sizes
- Size : 0-6 months, 6-18 months, 18-36 months
- Colour : Mint Green Stripes or Grey Stripes
How does it work?
The Grobag fabric has built in protection against insects, the active ingredient is a man-made version of a natural insect repellent found in certain types of chrysanthemum plants, therefore making it natural and safe for babies. The Insect Shield provides invisible and odourless protection, the look and feel is no different than any other Grobag. Its durable and lasts through 70 washes and meets the British Safety Standard for baby sleep bags, as do all Grobags.
Although you can’t see it or smell it the insects can! The Insect Shield Grobag will safeguard and protect your baby from bugs while they sleep. Sleeping with windows open or visiting destinations where you’re more likely to be exposed to insects will no longer present a problem as the Insect Shield Grobag is a revolutionary defence against bugs!
Choosing a size
An ideal time to start using a Grobag baby sleep bag is when your baby weighs more than 4kg (0-6 mths size). Your child's head should not be able to pass through the neck hole when the Grobag is fastened; otherwise the Grobag is too big. Remember to check the weight of your child.
Please remember that these are recommendations only as all babies are different.
|Approximate child age||Minimum child weight||Maximum child length|
Choosing a Tog
A tog measurement is a European warmth rating: the higher the tog, the warmer the product.
A number of factors determine the tog rating of the baby sleep bag that should be used. These include the number of clothes your baby is wearing, the temperature of their bedroom and your baby's health.
|3.5 tog||Cold temperatures - for cold room temperatures of 12-16°C
|2.5 tog||All year round - for standard room temperatures of 16-20°C
|1.0 tog||Summer and daytime naps - warmer weather and in rooms of 20-24°C
|0.5 tog||Holiday and heatwaves - hot weather and warm rooms of 24-27°C
|0.2 tog||Heatwaves - hot weather and very warm rooms above 27°C|
Why choose a GROBAG?
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that meets all the requirements of the new British Standard (BS 8510:2009)
- You are choosing the only Baby Sleep Bag recommended by FSID, the UK’s leading Cot Death Charity
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that has gone through rigorous quality control and testing
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag that uses only the highest quality and reliable components such as YKK zips and poppers
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag which will be correctly sized for your baby, in line with the new British Standard
- You are choosing a Baby Sleep Bag with 100% natural cotton lining and outer fabric
- You are choosing the UK’s favourite pioneering, and award winning Baby Sleep Bag, Grobag!